Friday, October 25, 2013

Inspired & Rounding Up: October

I am feeling so inspired lately to create around & for the house. It's something I don't normally feel & quite honestly don't know what to do with. I will be the first one to tell you just how lazy of a human being I am. This surge of creativity in my mind is really battling my laziness & I'm not really sure who is going to win to be honest. I would love to say that I will explode with productivity & get some of these ideas out of my head & turn them into real life but I know myself too well to make such a bold statement.

My little OCD mind can't get enough of lists & spreadsheets. Things to cross off & zero-balance. Those are the things I dream about. I've been creating lists everywhere. My head. Notes in my phone. Email drafts. Notepads. Lists of things I want to do & the tools I will need to accomplish them slowly, one by one. The only problem is that I keep losing them. Accidentally deleting them, throwing them away or forgetting to save them altogether.

Unfortunately, almost every single task requires something that I do not have on hand & already own which means every single one requires money. Which means, no tasks for me.

This girl has got to get herself a real vacation & focus on a few priorities like finally becoming debt free, having an emergency fund in place & breaking down our budget before I throw money to paint brushes, caulk & nail guns. I hope that this feeling stays well into the new year, as daunting as it is, so that I can finally get our home that we love oh so much a little more tolerable & ready to sell when the time comes.

My new cross-stitch project will just have to hold me over until all of those Home Depot & Lowes gift cards come flooding in for Christmas.


& in other news:

1. We got a free date to a Barons hockey game, courtesy Ryan's work of course.
2. It's finally Thunder season & we kicked it off at our first game. Okay, it was only a preseason game.
3. Halloween around the corner means we've been watching classic horror movies to include When A Stranger Calls Back, The Shining (shown above) and Carrie & we went to the best Haunted House to date.
4. I'm obsessed with my leather jacket right now.

Hey look, an entire post without mentioning my dogs or animals in general. It is possible!




No comments:

Post a Comment