Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Weekly Round-Up: Aug 12-18

Honestly, I feel so grumpy today that I don't really give a shit about this blog right now.
But my little OCD head is already frustrated that I'm a day behind so carry on, I must.
1. Dinner date with The Marshell's so I could experience Thai food the first time.
The highlight was obviously hanging out with Max who was in a fantastic mood.
I know you're all dying to know my thoughts on the food which is:
I think I could seriously like some shrimp pad thai.
But let's get real & say that what I remember most is that it smells like wet dog.
Side note: I was totally trying to be sweet yesterday & took Ryan to eat thai again because a) there was another groupon & b) I wanted to try it again -- & it was so horrible. All around - just a horrible experience.
But, it did not let me down in the fact that it did still smell like wet dog.
2. We hung out @ my brother & sister-in-law's house for some games & beer.
Of course beer. Darren Griffis & beer don't come separately.
3. I mean, weekly dose of cute right there. Am I wrong?

4. I got all brave & tucked my shirt into skirt & had to ask the world if I was doing it right. 
I am not great at that whole "wardrobe" thing. Why can't we all just look like we walked out of a Pinterest board?
5. I mentioned 2 weeks ago that I was ready to do an ultimate "de-clutter" of the house
& I have been doing just that for 2 weeks now - room by room.
I'm not really sure what to do with all of the crap I have piled in my kitchen that I no longer want
but I guess that's for another post.
This picture is what I stared at all night long because I got the bright idea to swap our bedrooms...
at 8pm on a weeknight in the middle of my de-cluttering 
& had no time to hang curtains to cover the very bright streetlights outside the window.
It wasn't in the plan. My plan was clean. clean. clean. clean.
& then an hour later I'm dragging our headboard down the hall
after I had just told Ryan that I would NOT be moving our bed until the weekend.
6. This is my favorite picture right now. It is nearly impossible to get a picture of all 3 & I managed to do it while also capturing their personalities so well.
Hank is always being silly in some way or another. He can't even lay on his dog bed properly. He is always hanging off one way or another even though there is more than enough room.
King is always seeking love & attention so of course he's already staring at me when I get my phone out
& Comet... well Comet just got done humping the shit out of King's back & is now sitting like the prince he is right where he just did his business. THIS. This is my everyday life as a dog owner. 

7. It's pretty neat to watch these two love each other more & more every day. 
They spooned for a couple of hours just like this.
8. The spooning led to mama caving & letting them sleep in the same crate together.
(We've been making them sleep in crates for a week or so & it's weird but nice... but also kind of sad.)
9. This is what I look like when I'm a bridesmaid.
More on that in a different post.




No comments:

Post a Comment