Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Weekly Round-Up: Aug 19-25

1. We had to "suit up" to visit our step-mom, Kim, in the hospital. She gave us quite a scare this week but seems to be doing much better now. She was released from the hospital today but still has some healing to do. 
We just ask that everyone continues to keep her in your thoughts & hope for a quick recovery!

2. Hank has had the luxury of being put in a pen, rather than a crate during the day. 
We finally bought him a crate because even with bricks around the pen, he moved that thing around everywhere. 
He hates his new crate. HATES. 
I swear that Satan himself has come out of his butt every single day in that thing. 
When I told him to get in his crate, he looked at me & then crammed himself in Comet's crate instead. 
He can't fit in there without sitting & curling up. He can't even walk into the thing. It's more like an army crawl but there was no way he was getting in his crate to be alone all day. 
Needless to say, it was so precious that I didn't bother arguing. 
He loves his tiny brother so much.

3. I've still been working on cleaning/organizing/throwing away the house.
This was my Sunday afternoon project: 
aka do something with the old bedroom/awkward room/dog room/music room/bicycle? room.
I was going to get rid of that table, filing cabinet AND mirror but look at me being all "reuse & recycle"...or whatever.
I took the big drawer out of the filing cabinet & removed the rolling track.
Now it's the perfect size to hide my big caboodle & hair products.
The table was my Grandma Audrie's. It's in pretty rough shape & used to have a V-shaped shelf right in the middle that just made it awkward. I took off the shelf & already have plans to reuse those.
I will eventually be sanding & painting it as well.
& yes, I did hang a mirror in between our double windows.
Lets face it. Natural light is the BEST to get ready in front of.

4. Ryan had his first band practice for a cover band that our buddy Matt is putting together.
I'll be honest & say that I'm excited because I could listen to Tommie sing all day & because well... it pays.



All I really care about right now is getting to New Mexico in November.
Vacation is calling to us so strong right now & we're focusing on saving every penny until then.
I can't wait to feel that cold mountain air in my hair & lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment